Monday, May 31, 2010

Big Apple - NYC

The best way to get around in the city is to get a 7D pass. It has unlimited rides on the subway and local bus. It's a good way to explore the city without sparing too much thought on the transportation cost. Each trip costs 2.25USD and this 7D pass costs you around 27USD. I made good use of it and guess what, as I got out of subway just now and trying to take the air train to JFK, I pass my pass to someone else. Why waste the $$? Kekeke.

Chinatown is located near canal st. ya, lots chinese. i bought cherry and ginseng tea there.

I observe that many ladies travel in groups. Ya, ladies only. I wonder where their men are! Kekek. These 3 Spanish ladies cant really speak English and they asked me to take a picture for them in the 34th st bound subway. Then I met these 2 old ladies who attended 3 Broadway shows consecutively in 2 days. She sat beside me during the Mary Poppins show. Ha. I can tell that this Maryland lady enjoyed very much.

She made an interesting remarks. As soon as she knows that I work in HP, she just blurted out that she is so sorry that she has just got a ipad from her 15 y/o grandchild! Well, why sorry? Haha.

The blacks are usually has less distinctive features like American and Asian. Their features are more broad and the look can be fierce and tough. I was so scared of it. Kekeke. The ginseng shop uncle told me not to roam to 120th st and beyond since lots of them stay there. So please stay away from that area. Kekek. Ya, at night, you can see lots them @ times square especially. The way they stress also a bit different. Oh ya, I observe that Nyorkers dress up and it applies to aunties! They are quite trendy. Haha. Ya, city ma, what do I expect? Kekek.

Toilet bowl. Metallic one. I wonder why? More cooling? Or maybe most of them are big in sizes, in order to prevent for any damage, this material shall last longer? Ahaha. Silly me took a photo @ the Staten island ferry terminal. Ha.

So what if I have visited those places? Big deal?!!! It's definitely a great opportunity to explore the big apple. This is a place where everyone want to visit and peep into the city life.

Btw, I am a bit disappointed with the NYSE. Security guards are there, you're unable to get close to the building. Ha. And the wall street bronze bull, you can see people crowd around it, trying to take picture. Building near Wall st are so tall, cant even take proper picture. Ha.

Times square. Pretty crowded and happening esp at night. You can see those giant billboards. Wow, I think in order to save the gaia, they should seriously consider switching off those bill board. Ha.

Status of Liberty. Ya. A gift from France to US. Hehe. Like that lo.

WTC. Hmm it is now into construction. I am actually convinced that those terrorists had deliberately want to destroy the building by running the plane unto WTC. It's near port and ya, it's in the plan. As there are many high rise in NYC, it's kind of hard to aim accurately. Ha.

Herald Square. Macy, the biggest store is located there. Ha. Nothing special. But lots people centered around there.

Empire state building. Chrysler Building. These two are the landmark of NYC. Ha. Too bad only Chrysler building has its light on at night. Hehe. Anyway, good that I found where they are.

Grand central Terminal. You can always see this building in most Hollywood movie. Ha. I remember that vividly in Borne Ultimatum. Ha. Haiya, nothing special.

Rockefeller Centre. Ha. Luckily I manage to get a glimpse of it and I saw Malaysia flag flying high. Kekeke. UN headquarter is nearby, by hudson river. i think.


Then I stroll along the 5th ave. kekeke. Lots branded and high class stores. You can see line outside of Abercrombie & finch flagship store. Ha. So rare. I follow the crowd and Q for that. Ha. The items are not cheap but you can see most people coming out of the store carry a bag. Ha. Branded la.

Broadway Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam theatre. There is magical tricks and it happens @ 17 Cherry Tree lane where Banks family lives. I like the portion whereby the male lead had a moon walk and Mary Poppins fly in the air! Kekek. Shall not reveal too much. They have lots props.

Broadway The Phantom of the Opera @ Majestic theatre. Apparently there isn't any discount for that since this is a pretty prominent and famous musical. A must watch!!! Kekeke. The singing is simple awesome. The phantom is good, thumbs up for his voice; Christine is also not bad. Kekeke. I love it! Worth the $$ spent. Kekeke.

I told Phillis that I have never imagine that I would spend on Broadway musical esp in NYC. Hmm I guess if I were a student, I wouldn't have extra $$ for that.

Lastly, one thing nice about NYC is that some stores do not have 8.75% sales tax. Kekek. So I did a bit of shopping there. Ha.

I think I should go back again one day..since I am missing the UN HQ… and south seaport and central park. Ha. Alamak

Oya, I watched another Jap movie on ANA. Its title is "About her brother". It is a very slow and 细腻. Basically you can tell that nothing can set the blood ties away. It requires lots love and patience and trying to love someone, even if you were to hate that person at times. God is amazing, he creates kinship and we are honored and privileged to have enjoyed those.

Isn't that something to be thankful for?

No comments: