Surprisingly it turned out to be a very nice event for me. Never expect it to be that fruitful and meaningful especially when you are abroad, away from your immediate family.
Eric invited me to join them for the MD's breakfast. His intention was to prepare pancake for the whole family, so I have to help out lo. I brought nutella and bacon. Yeah. I was late. Too many things to do before leaving the house. Well, in the end when I arrive, I wonder how come the garage door was opened. Then I saw sharon. Haha. She was shocked to see me. Then i went in and greeted the whole family. ta-dah, it was a surprise still.
We patiently got everything ready. Pancake, bacon, egg, fruits, spread, beverages etc. Wow, nice MD breakfast. We chit chat like a family. That was nice. Then auntie invited me over for dinner since she planned to cook soy sauce pork that night!!
btw, i learn a new trick in cooking the bacon strip. Instead of frying or baking it over the stove, you can actually wrap it with a paper towel, microwave it for 1 minute. the oil will come out and it becomes crispy after a while! hehe...
When Eric prayed at the dining table, he prayed for Mom, Grandma and mother-to-be. Very kind of him. I was a bit paiseh.
Church after the breakfast. They painted a banner to welcome and celebrate MD. Then during service we have the youth to present a skit and a video clip. As you would have expected, they thank their mom mostly for feeding them. FOOD@~! hehe... and each lady was given a small card, written and signed by the youth and a stalk of carnation. Better still, during lunch only ladies were being served salad, meal and dessert at the fellowship hall. that is a wonder privilege!
guess what. I was quite embarrassed as we (the singles) also received a card for MD. Then the auntie who sat behind me had very kind word too. She said Mother-to-be. Wow. Twice a day. eehe...
I then went shop for a cake since I want to bring it over to the Leong's. Thanks to ochie, I came to know this bakery shop and they serve nice sponge cake. I bought the yam with coconut strip as filling. Very nice. They love it. ehehehe..
the Dinner was great. And the fellowship with the family is even better. I truly thank God for this family. that is my first home in San Diego. They treat me as part of the family.
Overall, it was a nice MD!! Thank you Lord
No comments:
Post a Comment