Today we are into September already. How time flies and somehow, I feel that Dec is coming soon and there goes my 2008. I had my Europe trip, Beijing 2008 was over, I am now a proud asset owner, good friend and neighbor has gotten married last Jan & yesterday, we are more than half way thru Discipleship ministry in church, phew... What a year!!
南大问题解答篇
Attended Stephen Tong Q&A session in NTU last Friday. It's great to see both Rev Tong and Elder Yong partner together to work for the glory of God. Once again I reliase how little I know, how little humility I have, & how shallow I have been. I am so self-centered that I despise others for their R&R, thinking that I know a lot uh. Crap!!
I like the metaphor Rev Tong used for the salvation. Is Christianity too egoistic? Always claim that 'you will have eternity only when you believe in God, else you'll be condemned forever". Rev Tong used AIR for illustration. Like it anot, you need to breathe. The air is there for you to breathe in and breathe out, you have the option to breathe. In a sense, it is the so called 'freedom'. Simply put, the salvation is before you and the choice is yours. It (Salvation) is yours when you are accepted in Christ.
He is getting older. He used to shout and scold aundience in firm and bold way. I was touched when he said he will try to come to both NTU and NUS for the next 5 years till he is 73 y/o. I admire his total dedication to the expansion of God's kingdom. I applaud for his sacrifices and his wits in handling all situations. I pray that as he continues to be a faithful servant, God bless him with good health, witty mind and perseverance as he run toward the finishing line. He is Rev Dr Stephen Tong 唐崇荣牧师.
It was also a good event to bump into some old friends i.e. Adrian, WeiSin, Jinpeng, Mr & Mrs Yap. It's amazing how this bond(NTUCF) can remain till now. God sends different people in our walk in life and to a certain extent, it has some impacts to our lives. Some people are just passerby, some are true friends, some are situational friends, some are testers who put us on trials, testing how can we still survive in such circumastances. Well, I should learn to give thanks in all circumstances. These has made me stronger and deepen my knowledge and knowing in God & myself. The experience might not be pleasant but, I believe that it value-add my life.
Side track a bit, I have fear on the potential failure for my msc appl. Fear, i am letting it to conquere me since I have little control over it :(
旧曲共赏
It is always nice to meet with SW, HJ, JQ & Z. I am thankful for this bunch of Uni friends. Afterall, we went thru the hardship and the friendship survive after 5 years of graduation :) What a blessing to me! I do not need to pretend in front of them, I can be myself since they know my 'kuan'. Haha...
We had hi-tea @ Olive Tree, I would say it's just so-so. Haha... Then we went K till 11pm. Wow, I thought I am crazy!! I had a nice time talking and K-ing with them. SW, JQ & myself sang those SBC era drama songs, so shiok! I am not born and bred in Singapore but, I know and love those SBC and xinyao songs so much!!! In short, we enjoyed ourselves!
约翰福音历险记
It has been a nightmare when I first know that I need to prepare for the bible quiz. I blame self for bringing such unnecessary load to self, 自食其果. Hee... As I go thru the preparation, I must say that I get to study Gospel of John in more detailed. It reminds me of my days in Galilee church. The whole church was putting lots effort in understanding the bible and eagerly representing the church to compete with other church under CNEC umbrella. As a Discipleship ic in church now, I hope to instill this kind of vision in my congregation, that's why I start this campaign.
Actually not many has read the book despite the good effort being put in to publisize. A bit disappointed though. However, there was an encouraging case. Sherlyn actually finished reading it in a week and completed the questions posted in the reading card. Gandong ler... God sends angels occasionally. Doesn't He? ;p
I think I messed up the quiz. Hee... The whole thing is kinds left uncontrolled uh. Dunno. No matter how, though it matters to me how many people has actually read the book (Gospel of John), I have decided to see beyond that. As long as they get to know more about JOHN via the games, I am happy. I believe that Holy Spirit is working in an invisible way. Btw, I got some affirmation from Chu family. Thought they tried to cheer me up... I am glad that some still enjoyed the session. Good good, never regret on the effort and energy and my brain juice!! It is still worth the effort to carry my 2.5kg laptop home almost everyday last week. Haa...
婚宴
Dressed in my first cheongsam, with kind limo service by uncle Mel, we headed to Carlton Hotel for AW's wedding. Hehe... To my surprise, as we stepped into the hall, they are still cock-tailing. So paiseh, many people looked at us. Hmm but I think that kind of starring and attention was great. Haha... Tsk tsk, what an attention seeker!! AW shouted so loud: wowow, you wear cheongsam for my wedding!!! I was kinda paiseh. haha... CH & PC commented that i looked great. haiya, girls like to listen to this kind of praise, normal right? ;p
Actually it does not matter how a person look like, what name he/she has, what matters most is when you're in love with him/her, you will deem everything is good and wonderful. That's what I conclude from AW & Naomi courtship. We celebrate their union because they have found their other part which made their life more complete and meaningful and it gives them the courage and reason to live! Perhaps what they are lacking now is the absence of God, the creator of mankind, heaven & earth.
有感而发
As we age, maybe I should say we as grow, nicer :) We know more about our self, our expectation, our wants & our needs. We are so comfortable with our ways, our lifestyles. Sometimes, it is just so hard for others to fit into our lives.
We tried, we succeed but many a times, we failed. We grumble, we sulk, we rejoice, we grieve, do you reliase that, it all boils down to the decision we made. We wont know what is the best move at a critical moment but i guess, we know what are the sensible moves and possibilities as we deal with so much uncertainties in our lives.
Someone said before: there is no split second decision/move, rather, you already have that thought and urge deep down in your heart when it first turned from a seed into a tiny plant. it is just that, at that particular moment, you allow it to emerge, cross over your comfort zone and call it a victory over your longing urge. so it is never a 冲动, but 欲望转变成的行动.
No comments:
Post a Comment