Monday, November 1, 2010

notes on the farewell...

LISHI
The morning DG was a good one. I enjoyed learning with DGers and I am happy that I have the honour and privilege to facilitate the discussions. I do not think that is my strength but I am thankful for the opportunity that God and His people have given to me.  I hope I can continue that. I know I am not that 1k talent person; God gives me more than I deserve.

Many weeks back, I worried that it would be a very emotional service. I am such a paranoid person, anxious about the hugs, the teary scene when I am on the stage; in short I am worried about being a crying baby in front of all. Therefore I took the advice to prepare my speech. It works! I am calmer than I thought and I can still joke about it! I love my congregation, I love this place where I get to grow and experience life!

Actually the moment LXin start to describe what that person has done to her, my eyes just filled with tears. Can’t help it. Really. I am not someone great but I am thankful that I can be the support of others and they feel blessed to have me around. At least, I left some foot print in their lives, and vice versa.

*just the day before i left for US, someone told me that i sounded not being sincere and sad while i said i will miss lishi congre. That remarks really amazed me. Did i really sound like that?* anyway.. not as if i can do anything to defend. so be it...

Finally the 5mth iceberg with Tying has somehow melted. I feel the urge of saying goodbye to her personally and ya, the hug was crucial. To me, it is a kind of reconciliation and honestly I feel her sadness via the hug. I do have that too.

Chias sisters are always lovely. I will miss teasing them and talking to them. Vianz did a very nice art work for me, so personal. And soooo nice. VNa is always so soft spoken and I will miss her sweet smile too.
YE @ Mayim
Quite an unusual friendship as it was not established too long ago. I am glad I can somehow be the support during her difficult moment. I still remember telling her that I can’t talk due to sore throat but I can listen still. Guess what happen. It was a long phone call. Ha. Interesting lady who actually had amazing ways while handling HR stuffs. Ha. Impressive.

SingE @ Sushi Tei Vivo
As my schedule is tight, we have decided to meet for lunch. Heee.. I am thankful for this great friend has walked me thru the whole process and be my support always. Sing said she is happy for me yet she feels sad as I will be miles away. We know that it is harder to meet up anytime soon and the sms response just can’t get that spontaneous. She sewed me a very cute pouch. Very sweet. We talked about kate spade and osh kosh shopping. Finally we departed at the skybridge there. I sense it again but there’s silence. I will miss you, my dearest friend!

As @ Sushi Tei Raffle City
AWong brought the whole family to meet us. Adele is petite while ChangC has ‘qiao chui’. That is the price of being parents. I am happy to see my ex-neighbor! The firm handshake and good wishes is so sincere. Come on, you can tell if it is filled with sincerity or not.

Athjie. I observed that he was a bit uneasy but slowly he become more comfy when I think I tried to be open and chatty. Also, unspoken awkwardness. Haiyo, since they want to meet me so much, I just meet them together with dajie. He is now a married man already. Ya, party was held at Bali for 16k SGD. I still think he is a bit selfish and money minded.

Anyway, we had a great dinner conversation and I am glad that.. we still feel that comfortable with each other, it seems it was just yesterday that we first met and joined the company. How time flies. And now we are on different paths!

It is amazing that I visited Sushi Tei twice a day! Ha. both are treats. Anyway I had different food and nice company!

SCF girls @ Dian Xiao Er
Too bad, bronzeit is opened at 12 else we would have gone there for beer! Ha. Anyway, it is so sweet of both them. PTeng is a more reserved and quiet lady. She is detailed and hardworking while JSim is more streetwise and know how to ‘select’. Ha. it wasn’t too tough being their lead, just that I need more patience and be assertive and firm whenever I need to. Hope they don’t find me too fierce. Ha.

JSim smsed me this morning, saying that she will really miss me when I am away. Appreciate the thought. I believe that would be some change, but probably people will just move on after awhile. It is always great to be missed by others. Hope I leave a good impression. Ha.

Lunch @ Red Hill
Wanna say byebye to bak chou mee auntie but she wasn’t around. As for feng you coffee lady, we chat a while. Ha. you know, those stall owners like me. It is beyond my control. So I request to go RedHill so that I can farewell with them.

Dadajie said she wanna farewell with me. We waited till 1240pm, thinking that they won’t come. Who knows, they came. I was actually quite happy. I miss the time lunching with ming2, dajie, Peow, PC, and Zlin. Ha. we started 2nd round of coffee and I was overdosed. So bloated. Ha.

You know, I was a bit sad as how come dadajie never say wanna farewell for me, I thought she is cold and ignore me liao. Kekeke. Therefore when she suggested the lunch, I just get KP to change their farewell lunch with me to Thurs. Dadajie was my mentor when I first joined. Technically she is very good and a role model. In a way, I am trying to be like her. She brought me to SD ok..for the very first time; together with SShin, my favourite FW engr. Heheh. Both of them are great and smart people!

DajieDa OC me, asking when my farewell is and how come she is not invited. Oops. I freeze for a few second. Apparently dadajie told dajieda that she is going for my farewell lunch! Dajieda feel sad as she was excluded. Actually we had 1 farewell at Zi Yean last tues, I didn’t dare to say coz dajie didn’t get dadajie and dajieda. Who knows. Chey…

You must be very confused why are there so many dajie. Ha. I have dajie, dadajie and dajieda in my team. Dadajie is OHY, dajieda is TCT and dajie is CCL. Haha

No comments: