Monday, November 1, 2010

Osaka (8-10 Oct 10)

 
It’s about 3.5 hrs Hikari bulletin train ride from Tokyo to Osaka . The JR lady was nice, she gave us right seats so that we can get to see Mt Fuji. Guess what, we are supposed to spot the famous mt soon after the train depart, maybe 40-50min… but we didn’t see any!!! Argh… we have been watchful for like 1.5hrs and then we gave up and tucked into our bentos. Haha. I hate the sweet bean curd, I regret buying those. Trust me, I will try not to eat that again! Queen can sense that I don’t like since I dumped it away. Haha. Sad sad.
Maybe I was too upset, so when we hit shinsaibashi, we tried freshness burger, pork katsu, croquette, Four heaven kings ramen, blow fish, takoyaki balls.

As if someone starve me for very long… haha. We eat like nobody business. Kekeke. It was raining that night, and we left our umbrella at Toyoko. We both didn’t want to get a new umbrella, ha. Thank God, we didn’t fall sick. Haha.

The next day, we have decided to visit Kobe . Ya, thinking that we can go and taste the kobe beef regardless of the price. It rained… we continue to roam around this small and quiet town, I thought it was nice. 背山面水. I thought the 先天条件was great?! We took local JR train to Sannomiya (1 of the 3 JR stations located near city center), we stroll all the way to motomachi. We manage to taste this award winning kobe beef restaurant at this small lane near Sannomiya. That was a surprise! I like the macaroons at the food
hall there. I shamelessly sample that. Haha. NICE. Not as sweet. I like it. I tried the berry, followed by vanilla and chocolate.

We took train back to Osaka central. It was very busy and lots sky scrapers. I don’t like that. Ha. we didn’t have any dinner but went back to Shin Osaka for tsukeramen! The shop closed at 8.30pm and it left 2 soy sauce ramen choice. So we continue to hunt for food nearby. In the end we had udon… we thought we order soupy udon and we got dried one. Very sad. Ha. But the dried ones still quite tasty la just that it is not what we want! We had cream puff from Lawson for supper as happy food! Kekek.

Osaka castle. It is their festive season and there were a few dance groups. Kekek. Then we saw a couple wedding ceremony at the shrine. The bride wore a true white kimono which I think not very nice. It is more like for a funeral. Eeee…

Since we didn’t get to eat the tsekeramen, we went back again! There was a long Q…apparently their ramen is good :) the location is a bit off ler. Anyway we Q for it. Haha. It was kind of special. I can taste the fat pork belly and the fish taste. How to eat Tsukemen? Just dip the cold/hot ramen into the thick gravy and slurp it loudly! Kekek.  
    
This is blow fish. i scared of the poison. hahaha. thankfully we didn't die ;p actually this incident tested me on how much i fear of dying! Maybe at the moment, i just thought i should just treasure my life and not putting self into unncessary test, seize the day and live life to the fullest!

well, the blow fish was a bit disappointing. the thrill is more of... you may have die of being poisoneous by the fish. else..it just taste like any kind of the fish. btw, we feel cheated as they only gave us 1 mushroom instead of 4, as shown in the display. geeshh...

No comments: