Sunday, June 8, 2008

信靠= 顺服神?

[Uncle & I]
Yesterday I had a short exchange with uncle. Hmm... I think what he said is always witty and insightful.

No one can tell you what is 100% obedience. But are you willing to submit 100%? This is a BEING question. We may not be able to do it now but are we willing? We move towards this aim daily, via renewal. If sometimes we fail, God's grace is still always there as salvation is pure grace. So be joyous...

Set your boundary, so you're not burnt out.

Saltiness is kept when first you need to know you're called. Then a willingness to keep learning. You also need others to as your mutual watcher.


God's word is always so true such that it reflects our current status and serve as a guideline and reminder on how should be become more Christlike in our everyday life.

There are only 2 choices (Matthew 7), which one do you prefer? The one with lots restrictions or the one with more and wider allowance which conveniently excuse you from having some kind of behaviours which dishonour God?

It is clearly stated in sermon on the mount that those who are willing to take up the cross are those who are blessed. It does not come easy. It takes lots patience, stamina, steadiness in order not to swayed by the world's values.

God honours those who choose to obey Him and His commands. It also implies that not only we agree (head knowledge) to His teaching, we also need to align with our heart and as a result, live the words. The last portion is the outward manifestion of His work in us. Remember always, not doing but being. We are imprefect, thus we make mistakes. But as long as we see Him as the axle of our life and we keep rotating around Him, we will be fine. At least we wont be disoriented. :) Chim uh... Haha...

[Being Christlike @ Work]
I feel a bit shattered and troubled. As I feel that my testimony is not so good at work, could it be I am too senstive? Actually...

I know I behave and react differently with different colleagues. I am OK and friendly to most of the people and I also wonder why do I react so badly towards OV. Do I have double standard? Ya, I think so. I tried to be nicer and equal but I fail to. Somehow I just dun feel like it.

Maybe I should just leave it as I know we can be colleagues but not friends. Hehe... Like I always said, you need to earn my respect, showing me that you're competent and justified for your worth. I am sorry if I am too critical and demanding. I know I am. I also understand that I cannot expect others to react according to what I want and prefer. OK, I throw in the towel for now.

Bumble Bee was funny. That day we were discussing why the team suggested AW to take up one of my action item. Since it is an high risk and important feature for SCF, why would anybody want a newbie to take up? We conclude that bcoz the original ownership belongs to me, so you also wont suggest yours to be taken up. I am surprised that bumble bee has the same thought. Haha...

Thankfully I can still have this kind of reliasation at work. It is not hopeless afterall. OKok, i shall give self some buffer and not to make self breatheless :)

[Random tots]
I have been thinking and drilling my own brain again... Esp when I am alone.

I applaud for ST's decision to leave for Canada. It really requires lots of courage and faith in God. Since no one can guarantee a happily ever-after life in future but one thing I am sure, it is still the same God who takes control over there and here.
If I were in her shoe, dare I take the step? :)

A few are leaving church for overseas studies. I thought that's a nice exposure esp when they are young. When is my turn??? Is Sdyney the next destination? ;) Lord, only if you open the door. In any case, I am willing to follow whatever path you've carved for me.

The thought of visiting eastern europe is so vivid in my brain. Oh man, maybe maybe I should just folow my head. Hehe...

Dropped by at the Cg17 retreat last weekend. It was well-planned and I am truly glad to see those younger daoshis has taken up the role to organise and execute the plan. While talking to Lena on the previous two retreat we had, tight budget and everything has to be 亲力亲为. I am happy to see that the new leaders are more creative and have more guts than us to try on the new stuffs. The games they planned are more fun and adventurous. Haha...

Ok, I wanna mention one more thing. I like the BBQ part, nice setting for fellowship and I can tell that the kids and in fact everyone enjoyed the meal!!

No comments: