觉得好像又要被试验,测试自己对神的信靠和个人的耐力.
接到了电话,知道需要用325这个可爱的数字,我变得平静了. 因为我知道这已经是最坏的可能. 好吧,就乖乖就范吧! 我现在希望不要再有任何冬瓜豆腐了.有点灰心丧气,很纳闷.为何事情这么screwed up!!
还是要感恩, 因为我已经没有那么冲动了!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
收到你的简讯,知道你流产了.当时感触还没有这么深.拨了通电话给你,你哽咽的声音从电话的另一方传来,我的眼泪也夺眶而出.我体会到圣经所说的:与忧伤的人同忧伤.另一个感触是:我想,我们惟有在我们熟悉和信任的人面前才会敞开自己吧.
谢谢你对我的敞开.有时我想要放弃,但是我感谢神,我们并没有放弃彼此的友情.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
感觉上我们疏远了. 是太忙了吗? 还是我们开始无法好好的了解和聆听? 我知道我自己的问题在那儿. 哈... 有时我真的很固执,当别人不采纳我的意见时,我就会变得没有耐心,克制自己花多些口水说服你. 或许是自尊心? 嫉妒心作祟? 我常想, 开始质疑他人的言谈是一件可怕的事,因为这可能预表两者之间的不信任? 呵呵,小女子我想多了. 哈哈,请勿见怪.
感谢上帝.那天我还忧心忡忡地为此向他祈求. 我看见他在工作,他暂且舒缓了这有点紧绷的关系.谢谢上帝.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
谢谢你的来电,让我有机会发掘我的恩赐.仔细回想,仓促的回应绝对不是为了个人的荣耀.我没有很大的勇气,只是我发现很敢死,太adventurous.也许那就是我吧!我能够绝非因为我行,我能,而是因为我的上帝能! 谢谢上帝愿意透过各样的方式和环境来塑造,我还不是最佳,但我会继续向着标杆直跑!谢谢大家的鼓励,你们向我祝贺和握手,让我有点受宠若惊.上帝才是那位推动者.也许有人说我假谦虚,我觉得我需要学习谦卑,这是一项操练. XB很有趣,他说我应该已经出名了!哈...
是不是恩赐我还不敢说,但这绝对是一个挑战个人能力的考验.还是很感恩.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
从亚伯拉罕的实验中所得的宝贵教训
This is the sermon I translated for Rev Poh. Though his sermon is alwas short, I feel that it is quite concise and straight to the point. No playinga round words, the point speaks for itself. How amazing.
I am thankful for the given opportunity. As I prepared for the intepretation, I feel so excited yet nervous. I always have doubts on the rule of thmb for translation. Should I translate it word by word or extract the gist? Well, I guess there is no definite answer.
Note that God called Abraham name twice. Sherlyn has kindly reminded me God is telling me the same message twice ago!! Hehe... Yahor.
The key take-away of the Gen 22:1-19
1. I need to trust God
2. I need to trust God to provide
3. I need to trust God to keep His promise.
信靠顺服 以外别无他法 Trust & Obey, For there's no other way
The following is the sermon by Rev Poh on 29 Jun 08 (Sunday)
WHAT ABRAHAM’S TEST TELLS ME Genesis 22.1-19 (NLT)
I. Introduction
The passage I have been given this morning is a classic. It is one of the greats of the Old Testament. It has been used to inspire and encourage. It has been used to challenge many to a deeper understanding of God’s love.
It’s the passage about Abraham’s ultimate test of faith. To sacrifice even his son for God. Abraham of course passed the test with flying colors. But what we learn from him is not about committing human sacrifice. Of course not. From the very beginning, we are told that it was a test from God. Now how does God test a person? He tests a person by stretching the value or quality to its limits. In the case of faithfulness, God tests by expecting the person to obey in difficult or trying circumstances. A test not only reveals a persons true character. It also helps the person after testing to become stronger in that value or quality. The test is not about Abraham. It’s about trusting God.
Permit me to suggest 3 things we can learn from the passage.
I can trust God. (v 1 – 8); I can trust God to provide (v 9 – 14 ); I can trust God’s promises (v15 – 19)
1. I can trust God (v 1 – 8)
1 Some time later, God tested Abraham’s faith. “Abraham!” God called. “Yes,” he replied. “Here I am.” 2 “Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.”
Abraham must have been more than troubled. He knows about child sacrifices. The Canaanite gods demanded this of the people in the land - I will bless only if you give me human sacrifices. Now God Jehovah would never require this of his people. It was unthinkable.
But God’s instructions were clear and specific. God was talking about my son. The son He knows I love. My only son. The son God himself has miraculously provided to fulfil his plans.
How could God be asking me to do this? Nevertheless, Abraham obeyed.
3 The next morning Abraham got up early. He saddled his donkey and took two of his servants with him, along with his son, Isaac. Then he chopped wood for a fire for a burnt offering and set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day of their journey, Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 “Stay here with the donkey,” Abraham told the servants. “The boy and I will travel a little farther. We will worship there, and then we will come right back.”
The trip was a 3 day journey. Abraham could have retreated, changed his mind at any time. Moriah was obviously a place without firewood. Abraham could have reached there and said “oh, no wood too bad”. He didn’t. He brought wood along. Abraham could also have said, “I don’t know where”. He didn’t.
He obeyed and trusted God.
Notice Abraham’s faith. He told his servants that they (Isaac and himself) will return. And when Isaac asked “where is the sheep”? Look at his reply; verse 8a God will provide a sheep for the burnt offering, my son,”..” Abraham’s obedience was 100% but he had also the hope that Isaac will not die. …
How can this be? I like to suggest that it’s because it’s about God.
Anybody here wants to be tested by God? No. Surely not. “Lead us not into temptation” we pray. But what if we are tested and fail. What if God has decided to test me and I do not have the faith to obey?
It’s never easy. Obeying God when everything around us tells us that it’s not possible. If you are in that place right now… learn this from Abraham. Abraham trusted in God. Why? Because God can be trusted. Why? Because God is God. And Abraham knows that. Our trust in God must begin with our knowledge of God. That is why our relationship with God is so important. That is why the longer I am a Christian, the more I should know God. And if that’s not true of you… let me suggest that it’s going to be hard to weather the storms of life. You have accepted God’s love. You now need to know Him more.
Abraham obeyed because he knew who God was.
Want to trust God more? Ok, begin by knowing God. He definitely wants to know you. Today, can you tell him that you want to know more of Him? Today, tell God that I need to know more of Him.
2nd lesson of faith I can learn from Abraham’s testing.
2. I can trust God to provide (v 9 – 14 )
Abraham and Isaac arrived at the appointed place. The bible tells us that Abraham was prepared to go all the way. And he nearly did. How relieved he must have been to be stopped by God’s angel.
His name was called not once but twice. The instructions were clear. Verse 12 “Don’t lay a hand on the boy!” the angel said. “Do not hurt him in any way, for now I know that you truly fear God. You have not withheld from me even your son, your only son.” It was a test. And Abraham passed it!
13 Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son. 14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the LORD will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.”
So now all is revealed. What could have been a place of shame and horror; is now a symbol , a testimony of God’s grace. Jahweh-Jireh. Jehovah Jireh. The Lord will provide. From now on when God’s people ask.. “Where did the ram come from?” The answer would come loud and clear. God will provide.
Let’s be clear here.
What will God provide? Anything? Everything? No! God will provide what is necessary to help us pass the testing; grow spiritually.
Remember that verse? 1 Cor 10.13 (NLT) verse 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
God does care.
Abraham believed that God will provide. The writer to the Hebrews 11.17-19 reads this way …
17 It was by faith that Abraham offered Isaac as a sacrifice when God was testing him. Abraham, who had received God’s promises, was ready to sacrifice his only son, Isaac, 18 even though God had told him, “Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted.” 19 Abraham reasoned that if Isaac died, God was able to bring him back to life again. And in a sense, Abraham did receive his son back from the dead.
Earlier we referred to v8a when Abraham replied to Isaac that God will provide. We find this word ‘provide’ again in verse 13 - as in “the Lord will provide”. The verb translated ‘provide’ has also another meaning ie “to see”. In other words, God will “see”. What does that mean? Well it’s like saying, “I will see to it.” I will take care of everything. In other words, God will take care of everything. That’s the meaning of ‘God will provide.’
Does God care for me? Things that are happening to me. Does He see my pain; my hurt; my suffering; the injustice? What is God doing about it?
Well, God sees. God will provide. Abraham learnt that lesson of faith. Is that what God wants me to learn today?
That I can trust God to see to everything. That I can trust God to provide what I need.
Our 3rd lesson revealed from Abraham’s test.
3. I can trust God’s promises (15 – 19)
15 Then the angel of the LORD called again to Abraham from heaven. 16 “This is what the LORD says: Because you have obeyed me and have not withheld even your son, your only son, I swear by my own name that 17 I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your descendants beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will conquer the cities of their enemies. 18 And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.” 19 Then they returned to the servants and traveled back to Beersheba, where Abraham continued to live.
God was pleased with Abraham.
You call me God. You have obeyed me. You have not hold back your son. Your only son (notice this point again?) In the end, it was not the sacrifice that God wanted of Abraham; it was his obedience. That was what God wanted to see. Obedience revealed the level of faith and trust. Obedience revealed the knowledge and strength of the relationship Abraham had with God.
Because of Abraham’s amazing act of obedience, God’s promises to him were even now more certain. God will keep his promises. But here God further seals it with an oath! God renews and even expands on the covenant made.
Turn your bibles to Gen 12.2-3 – read that; then look at 22.17-18. Noticed how the promises have been enlarged?
- becoming a great nation 12.2; now in 22.17 descendants will be multiplied, numerous like stars and sand
- The enemies? Not just cursed (v2) but conquered (v17)
- And the blessing of the families in 12.3? It’s now “all nations will be blessed.” 22.18.
God’s promises to Abraham didn’t change. Only got bigger. That’s God.
As beloved children of God, we have many promises given to us by God. It’s all in the Bible. We need to remember them. It’s so easy today to become distracted. To feel weak, discouraged, fearful and tired. Here’s just 3 of God’s wonderful promises given to us who call Jesus Lord. I am sure you have more.
Isaiah 26.3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
1 John 1.9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Matthew 11.28-29 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
What promise have you been holding on to? God does not lie. It will come true. God’s word is true.
I need to trust God’s promises.
II. CONCLUSION
I know my God. That’s why I trust him. I know that he sees what’s happening in my life. God will provide for my needs. God will keep his promises to me.
How are we going to respond today?
Can we thank God for all that he has provided and what he will be providing? For seeing our needs. For the promises he has given to us – everyone of us.
Can we obey what God wants us to do?
Through his word, what has God been asking you to obey and you have not? To seek forgiveness. To say sorry to your spouse. To love your children. To spend more time with God. To serve God and not money.
Learn this from Abraham.
You can Trust God.
No comments:
Post a Comment