Friday, July 22, 2011

Broccoli 公干 Part 2-4 - 7/21

今天一大早我们7.30分抵达PB,还好BobM 也在,不然该如何测试机器呢?


The press has 5 e-stop. Apparently the UI messaging was not intuitive and all 5 different e-stop refer back to the inappropriate e-stop position. He shook his head. Then during the very last e-stop test, the press cannot be reset and it hung. hoho. Bravo. There were so many other things which left me amused. Question. How did we pass NRTL inspection?


Without fail, MICR printbar continued to have issues. Worse, it was slanted. We tried our work-around and it did not work. After a few attempts, I started to know that I might not be able to make it home tonight. With all these hiccups, I won't be able to validate the solution, how do I leave PB with this? That has become obvious that flying home is not possible.


As we struggle through lunch time and I was still reluctant to cancel my flight, BobM came by and he suggested that I can go home. He expected HP to come back again for a complete upgrade and full functionality check. Therefore MICR can be added to the list. He did not see any reason for me to extend and try to fix the issues. I was quite surprised and thankful at that moment. I actually did share with BobM and SteveF the day before that I need to be home as I signed up for a camp. So I cannot extend my trip. I think that piece of information could have enabled to head home from PB (Bob's ) perspective. In addition, I probably display the helpless face that I need to go home.


Anyway yesterday i may have behaved a little bit kiddy again. I chat with Russ over OC (a tech who is now in Germany for press installation), and we talked about BobM. I told Russ he owed me a favour since i helped him to send his regards to BobM. Russ then replied saying his greetings would be the least important thing in Bob's daily list.


I cheekily asked BobM to come over and read our conversation. haha. OK, I knew I was being childish. Well, he still entertained me. I think those PB folks must be surprised to see that I can have such a good interaction (互动) with BobM. You know, he is the boss. There is a saying going around in PB, that is: BobM used to rule with iron arm but now platinum arm instead since he just had an arm operation. Ha.


Great. I hired a cab to bring me to Newark. The journey itself is about 2hrs but it took us 4 hrs to get through the horrendous traffic in NYC. This is real crazy. The cab lady also smoked in the car. Man. I barely made it to the gate. Thankfully I am a airline elite member and able to skip some line.


Flight was delayed for 2 hrs. all in all, it took me about 12 hrs to get home. Well, at least i am home :) While i was at the airport gate, it was unbelievable for me to believe that things has such a big twist and I made it to airport and now I am heading home.


God has been really gracious to me. Things may not be smooth all the time, He sees me through without fail.

No comments: