Friday bagel has become a session whereby I get to sit with
lunch kaki most of the time. Today we had a interesting discover. I get t knw
about this icelady more. So… JasonA is thrilled to find out that she is frank’s
DIL. Hehe. What surprises me is that Les knew Ryan since she was 17! Wow, they
kept in touch, did things together and did not date until she finished her PDD.
That was amazing. Les was determined to pursue her PHD and thus she had no
interest in engaging in a relationship. Ryan was also pretty impressive. He has
been persistent all this while. Good for them! Frank must have thought who this
les is, how come his son has to wait for so many years. Hehe…
Then today she shared about her passion. Karate. Karate is
more of a defensive art than offensive. Well, there exists a type of offensive karate
and that is sport karate. This art is focus in teaching you to be humble and
know how to respect others. The last movement is always a position whereby you
can retreat your feet. Oh, interesting finding.
We talked about ‘Concealed Carry Permit’. It is illegal to
carry arm if you do not have the permit. It varies from states to states. This is
especially true in Arizona since there are a lot of native Indian reserve
there. Then I queried about the special privilege that the Indian has. ‘liberal
guilt’ is the driving factor. Indians were the so called founders of the
country. When White sees the land of opportunity, they corner the Indians to
those not-so-nice states such as Arizona, Alabama etc. Naturally the coast
areas got developed and proper as the time went by but Indians still at the
rural place. This is also one of the reason why you can find more casino gaming
places at Indian reserve. One of their source of income!
That leads to another topic on Swiss. DO you know, each Swiss
man has to go thru BMT and they get to keep their gun after the so-called
military service. In other word, every Swiss man know how to shoot. That
indirectly drive the low crime rate in Switzerland. Who would want to attempt
to shoot your neighbor? No kidding. You will get shot back anytime, by a
trained gunner.
I felt… our friendship has emerged into another higher
level. Cheers!
WisemanC
I always fear of him. Fear of his stern advices and rebuke
yet I know what he has to say to me is always so truthful. He advises me not
just based on his own experience and understanding, but also in accordance to
God’s teaching too. He likes to give a few pointers for my own digestion
instead of telling me what to do. Even though I am miles away but I feel that
he and wife are always there for me. What else can I ask for? I am truly
thankful for such a wise man in my life. To some extent my conviction, and life
are being shaped and influenced heavily. Those are good check and influence!
Sometimes I will have this silly thought. What if one day he
is gone suddenly, I might cry all the way from US to home. I become a bit
reliant on his yet he always remind me to have independent thinking as he can’t
mentor me all the time. One day, I shall be the mentor of others too. Pass it
on.
Thank you Lord for such a wonderful mentor in my life. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment