Sunday, January 3, 2010

A . for 2009

Just a glimpse of my eyes and we are now in yr 2010! Whoohoo...

the past 2 years had been eventful although I always grumbled that my 2 weeks plant shutdown week is a waste since no overseas trip. Well, God 's plan is better than my plan, always!

3 services @ 3 different places
#1. It was held at indoor stadium, big bunch of ushers were very friendly! It started off with a giant parcel passing game. It slowly built up the atmosphere and 3 guys singers appeared and sang "You Raise me up" I like that song! And their voice are superb! Followed by 3 ladies singers. The whole worship team were very well dressed, something like gown.
Then it came to preaching time. I must admit that pastor prince or glen look-alike has his own charm and his stamina is real good. He is a good presenter, imagine he can preach for an hour without peeping his scripts and he can cite every verse accurately! Cool :) Quite a good exposure.

#2. As we stepped into the church, wow! To our surprise, we sang Malay Christmas song and the whole service has Malay translation. Kinda shocked, to be very honest. I wonder how many Malay or Asli are there and who are in need of that? Oops, i dunno. Since I have not been visited Galilee for long, I'd better keep my mouth shut.

#3. They call it MASS, not service OK! I was a bit uneasy coz i am unsure what to expect like what i do when they kneel and do i follow what they 'chant' and i am nervous about the so called 'rites'. Oops... i found the stain glass of the Church of Holy Family is very nice, colorful and it tells the stories of Jesus via the picture. eh, i think Catholic and Anglican and perhaps Lutheran are alike, they SING instead of READ. So soothing when all followers are singing.
I saw George Yeo and the family. Kekeke...Think he dozed off. They are sitting right at the front row of the seats man, so prominent and yet he zzzz. ha. I also thank God that I did not violate the rule for taking the Eucharist. Hmm although i am baptized Christian, I guess i should still respect church tradition and ya, fear God!

God works in all places and all human being!

House Visiting
mdmCakeLeng stayed @ marine parade. Very convenient location, just off the ECP exit. From her expression, ya, she is a xin fu xiao nv ren. ha. With the arrival of Jayna, I am sure her life will be centred around Jayna and Jayna. ha. What a small world. I met pei fern, my hall4 mate there! hehe...

After visiting mdmCakeLeng, impromptuly we said wanna go dadajie's place which is like 5 min away, just opp East coast beach! kekek.. It was a nice afternoon to peep into their lives. Ha. we know the whole family since both dadajie and KokKok are our colleagues and the kids photos are publicly hang in office. Ha. best best. we made almond chocolate muffins, chit chat, had fruits. ha. nice bonus of the day!

Usual Nantah gathering is a heart warming one. You see how God has brought every family thru the trough and peak. I am glad to see ChaoYou uncle has slowly recovered from the operation, meanwhile i admire aunt wenshu for her persistence and care for standing by his side. thank God for the couple!

Late night hanging out is always not in my list as i need to zzz. I thank God for the decision to chill out on 31 Dec. It was a different gathering since i don't usually hang with them. Thank God for the friendship and the openness to have me intruded into the circle. Honour sia. kekeke... guess what, we left around 4.15am. Oh man!! hahah...

Arrival of sasa
I can say a few of us really go thru this with the wongs and glad to have our little friends joining LBOs! Thank God for the smooth delivery and thank God for the precious friendship for a few of us. It's gonna to have some changes but i like what ahXian said: Friends are for life! Amen to that!

Wanted to quote what Lee Wei Ling said in yesterday article. "Friendship is more than mutual Goodwill and exchange of favours"

I like it :)

Wise word from mr TaiSungHung as we passed thru Pekan-Kulai Shortcut. he said something like this..
Sometimes it is not good for the road to be too straight, having a few turns will make you more alert especially when you are driving!
I thought that really knocked some sense onto me. A simple fact yet meaningful!

Princess & the Frog
I watched it together with kor, KYue and yaoyao. Ha. eh, i think they cant comphrehend the story la. Too young. Well, it's still a nice story.
So it's the prince who kissed himself a princess and Teana wasn't a born princess. It broke the spell! kekeke...
This blind lady said something. You must know who you are so that you know what you need.
Yes, it's important to know our identity and thus understand what we really need and ask appropriately from God :)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Fear is the last thing i ever thought it will occur esp at work. hoho... it starts to overwhelm me. maybe it is due to the unknown challenges ahead! Hmm... Father Lord knows and He sure sustain me, for He is my Rock & stronghold. M strength comes from Him. Who else should I fear apart from Him? Amen.

No comments: