This is the first time I got shocked by Singlish in US. haha. And it was spoken from the mouth of a PRC who spent 4 years in SG. He couldn't speak decent English when he went there. Imagine after immersing himself in both Catholic High and VJ, he speaks like a local Singaporean! I mean with his Singlish accent.
I find it super amusing with how he phrase the statements. It sounds so familiar yet so wrong. It is like... then.. but then... and then.. haha. So Singlish. kekeke. and he uses 'atas', 'alamak'?!! he uses Hokkien in his conversation too. heheh...
Faint. I wonder. Did i have that very same accent when people first speak to me in US? he is really 太超过了啦!真受不了。哈哈。He also asked if LKY is still alive. Duh. I said, he appeared during NDP! hehe...
由此可见,环境和朋友群的影响好大哦。I actually notice the accent difference between British English and American English after I move. I prefer the American way of pronouncing the word although sometimes they like to use their word and attempt to be different from the rest of the world! It is car trunk, not car boot. Glasses instead of spectacles. Dress well and not dress smart. duh. and the 'flour' pronunciation. they like it to be 'flo-wer'. duh.
No comments:
Post a Comment