Nyquil is effective in the sense I can wake up, feeling
refreshed. It helps with an interrupted sweet slumber. We went for breakfast at
Con Pane. Oh, that was disappointing. The usual favorite breads & scones are
only available during weekend. Oh I settled with Rosemary and Olive oil,
Hazelnut & raisin, Kalamata slice with coffee. *chill* The
experience was not fantastic, maybe because of the long wait and felt not being
treated well. Less expressive over the meal. Ponder about those 15 dimensions
which I have just read over the past few days. Am I being squared out by those?
I am unsure.
Anyway, I eventually decided to meet the rest at La Jolla
shores for the Water day! I have never tried boogie board before. The fact is I
can’t do that too since I am still sick. Am I willing to be sun under the hot
sun or soak in the pacific ocean? Hmm I am just not so ready. Hehe. Good that
theWife brought the umbrella and we had extra surf board to sit on. we just
chat while the rest were having fun boogie boarding. This is my second time
hanging out by the beach! First time was with the Leongs, during last summer.
While everyone was busy with water activities, I continue to
enjoy my book again. I felt I was rebuked and reminded by the content. *chill*
They were curious about what I read, I did not bother to tell them. Ha. Minutes
before leaving La Jolla, I went to dip my feet in the water. Whoo, it was cold.
Summer! Cold water! I am glad that I did not risk my weak body for the fun. I
am sure it will get worse if I do so. However, I would like to enjoy the water
again sometime soon before it gets way too cold. SUP 3 weeks later!!
The oil meter seems to crack joke. It dropped from 3 bar to
none within 3minute. I was furious. What if the oil tank is empty when I was
half way through the freeway? Is it AAA time again? Nah, I do not want to
contact AAA for that kind of reason. I quickly drove to the nearby Shell which
is like 5miles away. Phew, thank God nothing has happened.
Then I slowly strolled to PJ’s house for dinner. They were
kind to host us. A great bunch of us! Hehe. We had a nice time pigging out and
chatting. I truly appreciate the type of associations we can have. Will I be
losing those some days?
Thank God for the good friends in the body of Christ. I hope
we can rough it out together in both good times and bad times.
Let me recount back to the Saturday. Morning Hike at Cowles Mt is always refreshing. Good work
out and the sun greet us as early as 7.15am! The brunch at the Hotel la Valencia
@ La Jolla was great too. Even though it was pricey, but with good ocean view
and ambiance. I ordered the smoke salmon egg benedicts. Like the poached egg! The
smoke salmon tasted better than I thought, good surprise. I am glad I paid more
for that addition.
It was fun hanging out with Wei, CL and Cathy. Thanks to CL
that I get to know the duo better. The excursion to Black & White was fun
too. It has been ages since I last did that with girl friends.
I spent 30min or so trying to zip out the meeting note for
the wedding discussion the night before. Hehe. I miss my coordinator buddy. It has
been a while since I last did it. The fellowship was great at Y2’s place as
well.
Next, the girls gathering at CC. Whoo. We spent 6hrs+
together. It is amazing what was the content of our conversations. How did we
waste away our time together. It was a light hearted event and we get to peep
into their private lives and struggles. We had wonton and dumplings. We conclude
the night with prayers. I guess that was the most edifying highlight of the
night.
That’s pretty much how I spent my labour day weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment