I enjoyed the lesson by Rev Francis Wong. Yes, it is very chinese based and it actually uses those terms which I was quite familiar with during the good old days in secondary school. haha.
I am thankful for the chinese roots and culture and probably brief education i had in my studies. It helps me to better appreciate the rich heritage which our ancestors has passed down for years. I am not too sound in my literature, even my colleagues are surprised that i know pretty little on those classic. ha.
oh, when he mentioned about the 春联, i miss my caligraphy days!! Imagine when we were still young, we actually pasticipated in the caligraphy competitions every year. dad, brother, sis and myself will just join. Kekek.. so fun!!!!
With the advent of technology, we hardly practise this tradition. what a waste!!! With just a simple click away, you can get whatever clause you want in the font you desire and it is not necessary in Black! whoohoo... is it a curse or a blessing?
No comments:
Post a Comment