It has been quite a eventful series for me to think deeper and realize that how unfathomable and vulnerable life can be. I am truly shocked and at the same time, thankful for what I have now.
Shangz
It was rather last min and impromptu. I didn’t know that she went thru that much and I am glad that she found her God at her wits end. It has not been easy for her to cope with the rare kidney transplant and the harsh break up after that. Worst still, she almost lost her 10k to an unreliable colleague. Thankful she managed to retrieve the money back.
I see the stronger side of her. She was frank enough to tell me that she just got out of her 4 years of depression. To me, she doesn’t look like she has gone through that much, probably due to her ‘party’ outlook. I am surprised!!!!
For every storm in her life, God sustains her and praise the Lord that God has again brought her back to Him, soften her heart and learn to trust God to carry her thru every problem. Now she seems to be tougher and able to encourage and empathize with others. In retrospect, you can also say that she become numb or immune to the other issues, not because she has a bigger and stronger heart and mind to withstand all these but she has learnt to take it easy.
Oh, she will be jobless soon, in 3 days time. Hope she can find a better place for career advancement. Nice time spending with her and because of her, I tasted the yummy salmon belly miso soup, yumz.
QingMei
2 weeks ago, Poh told me QM just gave birth to 2nd child last Dec. Poh called me again in a weak voice which scared me. QM died in an accident last Saturday. I didn’t know what to say, I just feel sad. How could that be happening! Poh was saying it is unimaginable that such incident can actually happen around us! I agree. Later YW told me that the mum was on the car too, unconscious now.
I knew QM since form6 days. She always tried to put up a strong front and maybe that’s her character! Her dad passed away during first day of CNY and that was when she was in form 5. She has been quite 纯朴 all this while. She has lots guy friends which really amaze all of us. She is just so boy-ish, not that she is tomboy but her character is very guy-like. In fact, she is the oldest among our clique as she was born on 2nd Jan. Ironically I was the youngest yet I have the biggest build. Isn’t that weird we call her Qing妹instead of Qing姐?
I am unsure how her surviving husband and kids will be in future. I hope time will heal and they can slowly accept the fact. I am worrying about her young kids yet I am unable to help at all.
She is just 32 y/o and near 2 mths before she met the accident. Isn’t that young? Good bye, Qing Mei!
“Shoe size” Nest
I am actually proud that I am an asset owner. Ha. Though I was forced to own it at first. Still, thankful for the fact that I need to own it. OK, there was a GCF gathering at my place last Saturday. Glad and honored to have so many uncles and aunties visiting my humble nest. The amusing part is I got a crude and blunt question from one of them. She was caught surprised that how small my unit is, and its market value.
It is simply unbelievable for her to see such a small unit? I mean I understand that most, if not all of them stay in either landed or condo apartment, but why are some of them so shocked about the size of HDB? Aren’t at least 80% of the Singapore residents stay in HDB? Even if you stay in private placement, can’t be that you never ever any other HDB before? I don't really find it offensive but rather, amusing.
Rev He talked about ‘基督徒经商’, I felt embarrassed. Most of them are already retired and isn’t that obvious that the topic was meant for younger alumni? There wasn’t many of us around. I am in no position to question why is that so.. but I just sensed the bitterness in them. In some ways, we upset them as they have tried their best to better accommodate us with our needs. Well, it happens.
No matter how, I am glad I am able to host them :) and I am happily staying in my shoe size nest!
ECC
Due to the need in DG, we have to dig our heads in Ecc. Somehow I felt that God is speaking to me. All the effort spent chasing after wind is actually meaningless. There is nothing new under the sun. things happen, history repeats itself, and ultimately one thing which we all have to face is death. No one is exceptional.
Each is accountable to their deeds and words on the judgement day (ch 12).Even then it does not mean that our lives are futile. The preacher has clearly advise us to enjoy our fruit of labour and fear the Lord in our daily life. Receive whatever God gives us (Gifts) in thanksgiving and gratitude, walking in the light of God. And remember your creator!
ahTat just told me he was at QM’s wake last weekend. He said we just got to cherish what we have today and do not be fearful.
No comments:
Post a Comment