Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Movies in the air

I thought I want to blog about the movie I watched on 747. I must say the impression on shared screen has improved as the image quality (screen resolution and sharpness) was pretty good. Sorry, my 职业病. Ha. Anyway both movies had some impact on me, in term of values again!! I conclude that I am too innocent and naive about so many stuffs. Ha. Now you see the influence of media and how it can just integrate to your life, be it knowingly or unknowingly.

The backup plan
I always hear her name but I have never watched her movie once. She is Jen Lopez. Ha. She is quite pretty and she can be quite hilarious. So this story is about her(Zoe), being artificially inseminated and on the very same day, she met her man of life, Stan (starred by Alex O’Loughlin).  Her reason of being preggy is that she can’t find a suitable partner and she can always have and raise child on her own! Interestingly she joined this single mum support group. They are all single yet they want to be mummy and get inseminated too. funny. So this movie gives a new insight… which is also quite unhealthy. Tsk tsk. That is.. you need not get married and you can still be a mummy!

Alex O’Loughlin is handsome. Ha. I like him!!

The Joneses
That is also a culture shock to me. It features man, being materialistic and greedy in this consumerist society. This ‘perfect’ family moved into this rich neighbour which the average household income is >100k USD. And they are the ultimate trend setter of the luxury goods, range from designer labels, high tech toy, flashy fast cars,  cool gadgets etc. The neighbours are busily trying to keep up with the Joneses and imitate their lifestyle. Guess what, the Joneses family is hired by a company to boost up the sales of the luxury goods. WOW. I never know such things exist. I told lunch kakis, NP said it’s fiction but I remember seeing the movie features a few couples in the various states.

Part of the reason I watched this movie is because of David Duchovny. I hardly watch x-files. Ha. Good la, the movie exposed me to another form of consumerism which creep into our lives quietly

Karate Kids
I happened to watch it. Heard from the rest it wasn’t nice but then..since the image was clear, I watched lo. I like jaden Smith. I watched because of him and not JC. I don’t like JC. Hehe… Jaden looked  like the dad ler. The storyline is simple. Hee.. somehow it reminds me of Ip Man!!! Please, westerners always like to look down on Chinese but in this movie, the kungfu master actually taught his students to be ruthless and merciless towards their ‘enemy’ and be mean. Simply put, being unethical. Anyway, I tear… hehe.. when Jaden persevere on even when he almost can’t make it to the final round. Sweet.

Economy Plus
Btw, I am now the Premier status. so i get to board the plane earlier, cut the screening Q and if there is free upgrade available, i can sit on the econonomy plus seating which has a bigger leg room. kekeke. for FREE.

No comments: