Sunday, September 12, 2010

Getting fat

It was an interesting extended weekend. Ha. Enjoyable especially with good food and good company cum interesting conversation. It started on Thursday… since we have floating half day.

Italia…
We went to Ristorante Bologna @ Marina Mandarin. Initially we just wanted to have ala carte pasta and tiramisu, who knows eventually we decided on the buffet lunch there, as the sweets looked too good. Kekeke.

Nice ambience, a bit atas. It’s like fine dining. So I feel a bit out of place. Ha. I like the clam dunno what. Ha. The dory fish is nice too. then the chocolate lava, black forest and chestnut cheese cake are yummy too. oh ya, the strawberrt puree/mousse is yummy! I had 2! Ha. The crabmeat ravioli and baked bacon & cheese pasta also quite nice. kekeke. One thing that surprised me is they don't serve normal coffee or tea, instead they serve either latte, cappuccino or espresso. Kekek. Then we roam around esplanade library to borrow some movies and buy a big bag from planet traveler!

Chinois
At night, I am honored to join the popiah feast at our neighborhood. Those aunties are very kind and nice. They were so happy to see us and keep asking us to eat and eat and eat. Hoho. I had a lot of Kong Bak and 1 pau. Hahah. Sick me. Imagine I put 2 thick fat 3 layer pork inside 1 bao, then I finished the 2 meat and I put another 2 in to finish up the same bao. Hahah. Then better still, I use one vege to wrap another piece of meat!! haha. horrible. We had 4 kinds of popiah: Cantonese, teochew, hokkien and Penang. To me, I prefer the Cantonese style! Yum! The auntie who is called Macaroni is also very friendly. We had a long chat.

The community is pretty friendly and I can see their passion in having the events which cheer more old folks. More importantly they get to showcase their cooking! It’s yummy too!

Western
The high tea @ Shang ri la is not bad too. the spread is not like very big but sufficient and tasty enough to satisfy the needs of our taste buds. Ha. And also, you get to choose either 1 or many kinds of premium tea. I had tea no.18, both chilled and hot one. I prefer the hot one as it better brings out the aroma of the tea leave.

The juicy gossip also shocked me ah. I was a bit shaken, it’s a clash of value system! Thus don't always judge a book by its cover, and probably at times, being in love can be blind.

What I like about Shang: durian cake, chocolate banana coconut cake, coconut ice-cream, cold duck/ham, kueh pati. Basically I think I am fine with the food, the company matters more.

Thank God for meeting Deir also, at least I get some good advice. As for Ming, she supposed to give me a lift from the main road and in the end I gotta walk in by myself. Ha. But it's ok. Good weather along Addison ave, I think.

Chinois
I like Asam fish. Nice. Keke.i had twice over the weekend. Then I also had lots prawn. Ha.

Duh, I hope I don’t gain too much weight over the long weekend. Ha.

No comments: