Thursday, January 5, 2012

Home trip 2011

The home trip was great and wonderful catch up with family && friends.

Family
  • It was first time ever we had family vacation outside Singapore. Folks && kids. How fun. Everyone enjoy themselves in the Turi Resort. Lovely nieces and nephew.
  • The adults did massage together. 8 of us, in a room. It was hilarious and embarrassing yet it was an interesting experience for us as a family
  • Kids love the pool, board game, face painting, sand castling and kite flying.

Friends
  • I met those closer friends for at least twice during the 3 weeks vacation. How crazy uh. But I thought it worth the effort and how would I know when will be the next time I will see them. Ha
  • I see a difference between meeting those I am 'connected' online during my US stay and those who are not. For the latter, I need to repeat myself on my life in US. Whereas for the former, we can just update on the recent happenings in life. In a way I am not the sole speaker

Church
  • BPMC is still the same. Glad to see familiar faces. The hugs warm my heart. Also, a few young adults took the initiative to come over and talk. That really helps to let me feel at home. I felt distanced in the beginning, although I must say I was only away for 13mths and not few years. What could have changed so drastically during my absence. Nothing. It was just my own speculation. Hehe.
  • Read the sharing booklet by those who had their confirmation during Christmas day. I am touched by their heartfelt sharing. I see God's hand working in the congregation. The youths said that they learn and benefit under CG17 & DG. That is so comforting. The labour and the hard work were paid off. You can never be sure how effective certain method or system, unless God He Himself touches the hearts of His people. Again it has shown that no one is indispensable, the wheels continue to turn despite my absence. Hehe… the ministry belongs to our God

No comments: