Monday, January 16, 2012

The Leongs

Alright, I told myself I need to have this post before updating my other write-up on my Nov France BT. hehe...


Friday Get-together
As SusanS is in town, the Leongs invited me to their place for dinner. Whoohooo, it has been 2 mths+ since I last saw them as a family. hehe... Thanks to Susan. hehe...


The guacamole was great! (I request for that and they made for me!!) I love having it at their place. Eric is definitely good at mixing the salsa, chilly paddy, salt, pepper and avocado together! Yum. Then as usual, he will offer me *beer*. Ha. I had my first beer of the year ->Stone Brewery Arrogant Bastard Ale. I prefer that to their Ruination IPA.


Dinner was great too, together with the keylime pie. Oops, i had too much and talked too much also. I am happy that both Eric & Sharon treat me like their family to the extent Eric said I just bring out the evil of him naturally. Well, you will only reveal yourself when you are with those you are close with. Aren't you? hehe...


Nice chat and update... and it involves alot of rubbish. haha. Isaiah is soooo cute too. He has grown up man!!! Noah can play the drum quite well too. Lovely boys. Sharon said she sensed sadness in my eyes. Maybe. They might be leaving for Seattle in the near future. Sigh. I am sad but I am also happy for the opportunity.


Italian Market
We hang out again to the downtown Italian Market. We had fun sampling the hummus and the big chip. Kekek. MrLeong patiently readjusted the child seat so that they can bring me with them in 1 car. How nice. Italian Farmers Market and papaleco won't be fun without Sharon. All my previous 3 visits we went together. duh, i will miss Sharon a lot.


Iron Mountain
Despite the rain and cold weather, we stick to our plan to Iron Mountain at 10am. Oh man, it was freezing cold. hehe.. but the hike was really nice. It was so foggy till the visibility was so 'bad' from the tip. But i extremely love that feeling, so STILL. 


The hike itself was full of laughter and honest conversations. I like the way Eric & Sharon teach their kids. I think God has let me witness a very good example of family education. Although both of the argue quite frequent (esp in front of me), they are really a loving couple. hehe... and due to the fact that we know singlish. culture and dialect, our conversation is quite 'colorful'.


Oh yes, Sharon made a very nice chicken side to go with thin biscuit. Caper, Sun dried tomato, mayo, chicken breast, && Brocolli. It was yummy. Yup, i will try and make that for my lunch one day :) Since it was like 47F (8C) or so, Sharon said we should go for tea @ Champange @ Carmel Mountain. Ta da, i got lost during myself to costco@ Scripps Poway, so i just drove there to meet them. 


Again the tea session was pleasant. We had fun talking about aesop fables. Yeah, It was my first time knowing what that is. Eric is fun too, he will always try to tell Noah those stories and brief him on the moral of the stories. His general knowledge is superb too. No wonder he was a gold medalist during uni day. I must emphasis that he has many medals. notice the 'S', not just 1 medal but many. haha...


We talked about the career switch also and i was blunt enough to ask him the 'what if' questions. I hope God gives peace to the family as they embrace the challenges, opportunities and obstacle ahead.


I thank God for Eric, Sharon, Noah && Isaiah. Thank You Lord for their kind heart to embrace and accept me. I feel loved. Amen.

No comments: