5th Sept is my labour day of the year!! I took one day leave n rest at home. But it is for good reason.
I was reminded twice a day for the same message and I am thankful for the light that God has shed upon me.
First reminder - daily bread
====================
1. No matter what our task, it's our duty to work for God's glory (Colossians 3:23). In this sense, no job is better than another. Each should result in honor to God.
2. The way we work can earn the respect of those who do not follow Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12). A boss shouldn't have to tell a Christian to use time well or to work hard.
3. Our work is one way to fulfill our dual purpose: to love God and others. Showing love to our co-workers is a good way to show that we love God (Matthew 22:37-40).
4. We must work to provide for those who depend on us. Harsh words of criticism are reserved for those who don't take care of their family (1 Timothy 5:8).
Having a job can be hard work. Even for those who truly enjoy their jobs, it's nice to have a Labor Day breather. But until the day comes when our work is over, our task is to make our labor a testimony to God's glory. —Dave Branon
Second reminder = ELder Yong @ Monday Blue talk
=====================================
1. Work is sacred. It is given to us by God. God wants Adam to work even before he sins.
2. Enjoy the labour of your work. Work hard and enjoy what you gets
3. Always go back to God, align with His teaching. The most difficult lesson is life is to abide God's teaching in the most simplest things i.e. work, relationship
4. Try to do something with eternal values rather than temporal values
God allows us to do certain things and make sure you make selection not beyond the boundary He has set. He still grant us freedom and let us choose what kind of man we want to be. But do not forget that you need to be responsible for what you choose.
Always, go back to God n seek His wills.
Actually I am going thru some changes at work especially. I am worried that I am unable to face the challenges ahead. It is gonna to be tough but challenging. I need to shoulder more responsibilities and learn new things at work. Somehow I am lacking of patience and a humble soul. I am not sure the path I am taking on is correct anot, I am in a dilemma but I always think that God's grace is suffiicient for me! Amen.
**************************************************
Went to Tioman for my Open water diving course. It was fun. I tried something different and that is challenging! I am kinda proud of myself and I really thank God for the scuba clan I went with and the nice instructors I have.
Thank God that we are safe throught the trip. I guess I get to know others more and vice versa, which is a good thing.
Thank God again for this dive experience. I might be going again... Hee =)
No comments:
Post a Comment